It's that time of year again!
I can just smell it now. Semi loads of mulch driving city to city and homeowners stuffing there daily driver with bags upon bags of mulch from there local home improvement stores. But why do we mulch year after year? If you are like most people you wonder to yourself "is it worth the money"?
Spring is the perfect time to get the yard in shape and mulch is the icing on the cake! Please join me to go over some of the benefits of Mulch.
- Neatly mulched beds improve the appearance of ANY landscape.
- Mulch can instantly add color/texture to a landscape.
- It is the most ideal way to make use of recycled yard waste.
- It reduces the necessity to water throughout the dry summer months.
- Adding mulch is one of the best things you can do for your plants and trees!
- GREAT weed control.
- Selling your home? Boost curb appeal and home value by 7% just by adding mulch!
- Natural erosion buster/ Moisture conserver.
- Helps prevent soil compaction, think of it as a soil conditioner.
- Encourages the presence of natural aerators like earthworms.
Not all mulch is labeled as yard waste either. Do you have insect problems? Adding decorative stone or crushed rock are great alternatives and look absolutely amazing!
Keep up on your mulch by checking it once a month for compaction. If compacted use a garden claw or rake to loosen the soil. This allows air to pass through which in return will prevent fungus growth and restore appearance.
So next time you are on the fence about mulching, circle back to this. Your garden will thank you :)
For more information or help with your landscaping please give us a call @ 330-931-2633
Thank you for your time!